Systems EstimatorDallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
Do you believe that you are the most reliable person in the world?
Do you enjoy working with your hands in a commercial environment?
Do you like working on multiple projects?
If so, you may be the ideal candidate for the many full-time openings that we have.
We are looking for Systems Estimators for our clients who expect us to find reliable, hard-working, honest people with the desire to exceed expectations. If you are an experienced systems estimator, or if you are looking to gain this experience, we need to talk. The work is for both new construction and in existing commercial buildings.
Whatever level of experience you have, we guarantee to challenge you to be better every day! You will also have plenty of opportunity to grow into higher-level positions. If you are willing to step up to the challenge – and you are not afraid of hard work – then you may have a future with us!
Please drop us a note and tell us a little about yourself. Be sure to let us know why you believe you are the best candidate for this opportunity. We may want to set up a time for you to come in and chat. One thing we can guarantee … if you meet this challenge, your efforts will be rewarded.
$65K – $95K DOE
- Project Estimation Estimate costs for Low Voltage Systems including, but not limited to: Voice, Data & Fiber, Security & Access Control, Fire Alarm, Audio Visual Systems, CCTV, HVAC Controls, Nurse Call and other systems
- Locate and acquire plans and specifications
- Attend pre-bid meetings as required
- Analyze and interpret architectural specifications Generate RFI’s to consultants and specifying engineers
- Verify system function and price with communications vendors
- Create take-offs, systems material lists, and RFP responses
- Field questions from bidders Contact and negotiate with contractors, when necessary
- Create design and budget estimates for projects
- Create architectural specifications
- Create functional block diagrams and equipment rack layouts
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word Proficiency in PDF annotation and modification software
- Basic skill in AutoCAD LT 2014 or newer
- Minimum of 3 years construction related experience
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language
- Ability to comprehend and learn instruction manuals and submittals
- Understanding of electronics theory
- Ability to read and understand schematics and blueprints
- Ability to understand and adhere to company policies and applicable laws
- Willingness to learn in both organized classrooms and through independent study
- Ability to take classes outside of company time to increase knowledge of computers and electronics
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Must be willing and able to drive anywhere in the local market to get to jobsites
- Willingness to travel a big plus, but not required
ABOUT Flex Tech
Headquartered in the heart of the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex, along with offices in Austin and San Antonio, Flex Tech, LLC provides quality technicians servicing the electrical and low voltage commercial construction and retrofit applications. Founded by industry experts, we provide opportunities for all levels of experienced technicians and field management personnel. Our continuous training, mentorship and guidance seeks to allow our employees to grow while simultaneously bringing a lasting, positive impact to our client partners. Flex Tech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, values diversity, and provides opportunity to all individuals whenever possible. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.