Flex Tech is a Low Voltage & Electrical Staffing Company that provides clients with highly trained and skilled technicians. Since 2010, we have provided our clients with qualified technicians that results in the highest level of success for their projects.
We prefer someone with all or some of the following systems experience:
Lenel, Milestone, DMP, Gentec, Bosch, S2, Milestone, OnSSI, Video Insight, Exacq Brivo, Vigilant, Sony, IQInvision, Panasonic, Aiphone, Axis, or Samsung
Approximately 8-10 hours per day primarily between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with 1-hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee.
5 days / week, 40-50 hours / week.
Providing on call service support will be required. The on-call schedule requires 24 hours, after normal business hours, availability to service clients for a full seven (7) days. This schedule rotates among local technicians.
— Job Summary
The primary responsibility of the Service Superintendent / SR Service Technician is to service existing system hardware, software, field devices, and associated wiring to the highest industry standards. You will be responsible for system training, inspections, correcting or adjusting system programming, or other malfunctions in systems including: intrusion, access control, video, intercom, fire, integration programming, etc. You will be accountable for communication with the customer, vendors, subcontractors, and company personnel. You will be responsible for ensuring that all process and procedures are followed. You may be responsible for field supervision of other employees, subcontractors, and on-site coordination between other trades. Oversee the day-to-day operations of assigned MAC (Moves, Additions, and Changes) projects and responsible for communication with the customer, vendors, subcontractors. Ensure that all required materials, training, and procedures to perform at an optimal level are available.
— Essential Functions
- Possess knowledge of all field devices, professional wiring methods, programming, system capabilities, and competent in all installation aspects.
- Join in scheduled on-call rotation and satisfactorily service clients
- Coordinate schedule with service personnel
- Coordinate and document activities with other installation/construction trades
- Know and understand the system requirements and deliver the agreed service to clients
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Fire Alarm installation and codes.
- Demonstrate capability to use a computer to program IP addresses of devices, panels, routers, servers, etc.
- Perform complex system programming on intrusion, access, video, other systems, and system integration.
- Use the proper trouble solving methods for field wiring, device repair/application, and system programming.
- Document as-built changes of system installation
- Properly record daily time and tasks electronically
- Communicate daily progress to the project supervisor
- Possess ability to understand project blueprints and service accordingly.
- Define and sequence all service activities to achieve daily schedule.
- Know and follow all OSHA, and jobsite safety requirements.
- Attend any required meetings.
- Attend weekly Operations meetings to communicate and identify issues and provide detailed suggested solutions.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy job folders, and Company systems, to include all necessary information such as Bill of Materials, Work Schedule, Asset
- Sheets, Approved Plans, Permits, and Packing Slips for received materials, contractor bids, and Scope of Work.
- Monitor and control costs related to the execution of system servicing.
- Continually coordinate with any involved trades and document any requirements to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Cost 70+% of labor time to service tickets while maintaining high efficiency and productivity
- Keep track of all project equipment and materials.
- Keep customer site and company vehicle clean, organized, and orderly.
- May supervisor others at times.
— Other Duties
- Constantly working toward personal development of industry and product knowledge
- Attend any on-going safety meetings
— Skills / Technical Knowledge
- High School Diploma and at least 5 years of related technician experience or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Must possess or be able to pass a state required background check and hold a Texas Security License.
- Pass mandatory drug tests.
- Acceptable Plotkin Test Score.
- Acceptable Position Assessment Score (70%+)
- Clean and satisfactory driving record
- PMP or related project management certification is a strong plus
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Ability to perform customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Ability to Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Handle complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others
- Possess a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
- Possess a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Possess a Strong Attention to Detail
— Industry Credentials
- Texas State Fire Alarm License
- NICET II Fire Alarm Certification
- NICET IV Fire Alarm Certification
- Texas State Fire Alarm Planner
- NBFAA Level I
- NBFAA Level II
- OSHA Certification
- Homeland Security TWIC Card
- CFATS Certification
- CAD Level I
- Autodesk User
- CAD Level II
- Autodesk Pro
- CompTia Certification
- A+ Certification
- CompTia Security+ Certification
- CompTia Linux+ Certification
- Physical Security Professional (PSP)
- Electronic Security Assoc.
- NTS Certified System Integrator
- Certified Security Project Manager (CSPM)
- Certified Project Manager Professional (PMP)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- VB Script
- Microsoft MCSA
- Microsoft MCSE: Data Platform Microsoft
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure Product Certifications
- DMP Technical
- Bosch Alarm Certification
- Genetec Synergys (Access)
- Genetec Omnicast (Video)
- Genetec Enterprise
- Genetec Advanced
- S2 Basic
- S2 Advanced
- Milestone Advanced
- Milestone Expert
- OnSSI 5.x
- Video Insight
- Brivo / Eagle Eye
- Vigilant Easy
- Lobby Active Directory
- Silent Knight
- 2N Helios
- Axis, or Samsung
— About Flex Tech
Headquartered in the heart of the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex, along with offices in Austin and San Antonio, Flex Tech, LLC provides quality technicians servicing the electrical and low voltage commercial construction and retrofit applications. Founded by industry experts, we provide opportunities for all levels of experienced technicians and field management personnel. Our continuous training, mentorship and guidance seeks to allow our employees to grow while simultaneously bringing a lasting, positive impact to our client partners. Flex Tech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, values diversity, and provides opportunity to all individuals whenever possible. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.